Culture is activity of thought, and receptiveness to beauty. Scraps of information have nothing to do with it. We should aim at producing people who possess both culture and expert knowledge in some special direction. Their knowledge will give them ground to start from, and their culture will lead them as deep as philosophy and as high as art.
— Alfred North Whitehead, The Aims of Education (1929)
- Our Kids will need a College Degree
- What is a College Degree?
- The Developmental Math Problem
- The Odds are 1 in 5
- Can We Expect it to Get Better?
- Higher Education is Unaffordable
- Rate of Change
- The Achievement Gap
- Can We Even Meet our Core Expectations?
- Our Kids
- Can’t afford it!
- Can’t Hack It!
- Don’t Need It!
- Won’t Do It!
- Our Goal